In search of a contemporary cabin in Wyoming? Zook Cabins has you covered with our team of modern cabin builders dedicated to designing, crafting, and delivering luxurious cabins for the Wyoming mountains and desert plains. While luxury often comes with a hefty price tag, that’s not the case with Zook Cabins! We provide affordable modern cabins that are completely customizable, accommodating any request. Our modern cabins are meticulously crafted to reflect the majestic beauty of Wyoming.
Our Wyoming Modern Cabin Styles
Our completed builds
Do I need a permit for a Modern cabin in Wyoming?
Maybe. Many areas of Wyoming are unincorporated or have no building codes at all, meaning that you can live off the grid without obtaining any permits. Wyoming as a state has a building code, but the counties can choose to opt out, allowing people to live completely off grid. A few of these code-less areas are Johnson County, Fremont County, Crook County, Park County, Niobrara County, Hot Springs County, and Weston County.
Modern Cabin Builders in Wyoming: FAQs
What will you do with your modern home?
Other Customer Project Stories
Ideal Locations for Your Modern Cabin in Wyoming
Wyoming has a wide variety of landscape regions, including the gorgeous mountains and rolling hills of northwestern Wyoming contrasted with the barren, flat plains of the state’s southern portion. Bottomline, depending on what you enjoy, not all of Wyoming is created equal regarding homesteading. So here are some helpful descriptions and recommendations.
- Jackson Hole – This area pops up as one of the most gorgeous, highly recommended areas to build a prefab cabin. Situated on the westernmost mountainous area of the state, Jackson, WY is not lacking in scenic beauty. While it is more pricey in real estate, the optimal skiing, hiking, and other outdoor activities may make it worth it.
- Buffalo – This quaint area is rich in history and the inviting cowboy, old-time atmosphere. Located in the foothills of the Big Horn Mountains, one is able to experience a combination of mountains and plains. Since areas of Johnson County have no building codes, you may even be able to homestead entirely off the grid.
- Basin – Positioned beside the Bighorn River, step outside your modular cabin and enjoy the abundant wildlife and fishing opportunities. Take day trips to the nearby Yellowstone National Park. This area is also said to be a more affordable place to buy and build cabins.
- Worland – Containing hot springs, the Wyoming Badlands, wild horses, and other wildlife, step into your dream western experience. You can thrive in the exciting rural lifestyle while experiencing the many dining, shopping, and entertainment options in the towns nearby.
- Landar – If you are into hiking, move to Landar. It’s so famous for its hiking opportunities that it is known as “where rails end and the trails begin.” Located in Fremont County, you may not even need a building permit for your modern cabin, but check with your local municipality.
What will your cabin story Be?
"…a moment or two later another branch broke, and they began to realize that they had a little company. His father turned around and turned on the flashlight, and there 30′ from their family campfire stood an unexpected visitor…A BEAR…the perfect example of the memories that can be made and shared at the prefab log home."